- This event has passed.
Entering the German Market
February 24 @ 18:30 - 20:30
THIS IS A 2G+ EVENT*
Over the past two decades, Germany has become a thriving market for business – especially with the recent boost from Brexit.
Its strong economy, large consumer market and consistent levels of growth make Germany a sturdy foothold for entering the EU or growing your existing presence.
However, entering the German market presents unique challenges which can be hard to navigate for foreign businesses, such as:
- Administrative hurdle from setting up a business to tax laws to regulations
- Cultural clashes from misunderstandings of business landscape and the culture
- Robust employee protections and high cost of labour
During this event, we invite early and late stage startups to join us onstage to discuss their experiences of entering the German market, the challenges of German market entry which are underestimated and how they managed to overcome them.
6:30pm – 7:00pm Doors Open
7:00pm – 8:00pm Panel Discussion
8:00pm – 8:30pm Final Networking
- Deevee Kashi – CEO and Co-Founder at Deed
- Torben Rabe – Country Manager Germany at Qonto
- Maximilian Gassner – Country Manager Germany at Orderchamp
- Carolin Sandfort – Digital Brand Marketing Expert at Plan C and Marketing Director Germany at Squarespace
- Sebastian Brehm (moderator) – Director of Growth and Success at Factory Berlin